Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently reinstalled windows on my computer and the only thing i really want to play is World of warcraft,

but now i get random freezes in game, for about 10~15 seconds then comes back to normal for about 3~5 seconds then freezes again

When i do get the time to close WoW it still freezes in windows, so i have searched around and alot of people had the same problem but no straight answer.

It was working perfectly fine before the reformatted, and i have tried verious things.

Computer specs

Sony motherboard with DDR 400 512 ram
500 watt power supply
NVidia 6800 GT graphics card with most up to date drivers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes i have all the updates now, and i got the recommended drivers for that link you gave me, and it worked like a charm for about 4hrs, then it did it again, so im gonna try this file paging thing and see if it helps

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
What cpu do you have and what is the power supplies make and model#? Give us a link to the psu if possible

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
Yes you have a good point that it worked before the format, any chance you got to many things running in the backround?

Use msconfig to shut some of them down at start up and then try the game.

Caution though don't shut down your virus scan or firewall and go on the net.

You can google the things in startup to see what they are

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
One other thing, you did run the motherboard cd and install all the drivers correct?

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
You have to run that cd it contains important chipset drivers that will cause problems if not installed, I am not familiar with that board but you should be able to download all the drivers from the manufactuers website.

What do you mean you don't use anything on the motherboard?

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
I could see a 14.4Kb modem having problems, but only a seriously borked NIC could be that bad. You sure that was what did the trick? I'm not doubting you, but I've never heard of something like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sony motherboard ? which sony motherboard ? a sony viao motherboard ?

Sony chassis = sucks

The sony viao case for sony viao is a joke , it's power supply is located directly over the CPU and sucks air away from the CPU fan in the opposite direction from proper air flow.

Sony should be sued for this kind of obvious lack of thermal consideration.

I have chunked an original sony viao case and stuck the motherboard in a real ATX tower
I saved it's life.

Sony motherboards are ok , but their case design is a joke and thermaly unsafe
the power supply fans normaly fail due to dirt and dust.

dirt and dust and heat are the enemy.

lets stop ewaste before it happens.

shalom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.