Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I stupidly clicked a link to a website from a "friend" on Facebook. I don't really know this person, and think that they may be trying to send me malware. My Mcafee site adviser asked me if I really wanted to go there, as it might be a phising site. I clicked, then realised that my friend did probably set me up. They are from Chile, and the site is also from there. I watched a video from a chilean show, a bit like 'Big Brother'. My question is this, I got to thinking if maybe I'd downloaded spyware, so got a few programs from the internet. Emisisoft found a trojan JS, which I deleted. Emisisoft has a blocker, which I use. Many times, it informs me that a few sites are requesting my information. Is Emisisoft giving false alerts? I think not, and would like to know how I can permanently block these sites from trying to get my information. My free trial of Emisoft expires shortly, so I would like to be able to inform my pc not to allow these sites access. The site trying to get my information is the one I clicked on. Two days before my FB friend sent me the link, my McAfee stopped working, and I had to uninstall it, then re install, so it seems too much of a coincidence. I had thought that commercial antimalware programs (such as McAfee) were able to cope with all forms of malware, but I read about them after this event, so reailse that they are not, and am wondering if any malware slipped through the firewall. The support staff at McAfee were good, and helped me re install their product. My browser is Google Chrome, and tonight, I installed the new Beta version, which they say is able to block sites. Can anyone give me a bit of advice. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.