Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to get to the point, www.nfl.com and www.google.com isn't working for me anymore. These are very known websites so i know the website isnt the problem, it's me. This has happened before and that was to yahoo.com but after like a month yahoo.com started working for me again. i have checked for viruses and can't find any. If you want a report i will gladly make you one to show you. Also to help you figure out whats my problem i Downloaded TweakNow Regcleaner STD and Tuneup XP to increase my computers speed performance (before the problems started) but I don't know if those programs caused the problem. To clarify, when i type "www.nfl.com" after like 2 minutes trying to load the page, it will say AOL had could not find it or it will just say at the page im on. ANyone got any ideas to help fix this (im not going to buy programs to fix this problem so dont tell me i have to buy something)

·
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired
13,608 Posts
what happens when you unplug your computer, and plug someone else's into the modem, router and try to goto those sites. and what happen when you take your computer else where and try to then goto those site from a different network?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im going into 9th grade i dont need any of this problems solving stuff. My internet is working fine its just some sites i cant go on any more. My computer just sits at the site it is already at. For example, i open up Explorer, my homepage is yahoo.com, then i type or scroll down to www.nfl.com and click or enter; all that happens is nothing it just sits there. Can you guys tell me something to check that causing the problem or somekind of free software i could download

·
13,608 Posts
well, the only way to fix computers is by problem solving stuff. there is no such thing as an all powerful software package that can be downloaded for free to fix problems. what i have ask to be done are real world technics that are used by people that are paid to fix problems like you have. with out sitting at your computer, i have no idea what is really going on. so by asking these questions, we will be able to figure out where the problem lies, if it is your computer, or your isp.
you may or may not yet know that it is possible for web sites to block you from being able to goto them. what i asked will tell me if that is the case. if no other computer when plugged into where your computer is normally, then chances are that your ip has been blocked from being able to goto those site. but if other computers when plugged in place of your work fine, then there is something with your computer. or, if you take your computer to someone else's and it works fine, then again, your home ip could be blocked. but if it still has the same problem, then again we'll need to look into how your computer is set up. i'm not just going to throw ideas or suggestions your way. i, like most here, will be trying to solve your problem in an intelligent, well thought out way, and what i have asked you to do will in fact narrow down where we need to look by quite a bit. if you are unwilling to try what i ask, then i will stop trying to help you. but if you are unable to do as i ask, please just say so, and i will take time to think of another approach to figuring out what your problem is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry if i ticked u off by what i said but i thought you were trying to point out something obvious and i couldn't think what it was; i didn't know you were actually telling me to do something. To get to the point, we have 3 other computer in my house and all them can't go to nfl.com or google.com and recently AIM isn't working for me now. So if all the computers can't go to the sites then it must be the IP address, correct? And if i unplug my modem or turn off the power and then turn it back on, i will get a new IP address, correct? ( ill just try to reply back asap because sometimes i forget to check the posts on this website)

·
13,608 Posts
that might work, if its not a static ip address. but the modem should be getting a new ip every now and again. also check your router and modem to make sure they are not set up to block incoming info from those sites, and ports.

·
13,608 Posts
without calling and asking the isp, i'm not too sure. you might be able to look to see if the modem is configured to obtain an ip address automatically, or if it just has one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.