Tech Support Forum banner

Webcam unable to be installed

2836 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  dai
I bought a Webcam for my Dell Dimension 9150 with Windows XP SP2 and installed it as described. When XP tried to install the camera it couldn't find the driver. At the same time it seemed to screw up my Media Center. I decided to take it back and bought a LifeCam (a microsoft product), unfortunately it won't install on the pc either. In device manager I have a ? in other devices and both usb 2.0 root hub device and USB Camera have ? . Both have "This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)" in properties, Anybody got any ideas???

Thanks.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Code 1 means: This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1); to resolve this issue please update the drivers for the device. If you have ever installed a Logitech Webcam on computer, please remove the Logitech Process Monitor service ( for details visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929087.)
Also verify that you have the Service pack 2 for XP installed
Can confirm that I do have SP2 installed and have installed and unistalled logitech - not sure if that's what was meant....???? It still says driver not found and cam can't be installed - in device it still has code 1
remove the camera and run the driver setup
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.