Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running Red Hat Linux 8.0 and I have Apache 2.0 installed. I setup my web server and it works fine on the localhost machine but if I try and access it anywhere but the localhost it can't be found. I was behind a router but I tried connecting my linux box directly and it still would not work (even though I had port forwarding to port 80 set correctly) Didn't work. I thought maybe my isp was blocking port 80 so I set the port to 8080. Didn't work. I can't figure out what is going on with my web server, I tried using the ip address but it still doesn't work. Can anyone help me out, I have no clue how to get it to work, I think i've tried everything. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to something I haven't tried yet.

·
Citizen of the world
51,047 Posts
I'd start by trying to ping the IP address where you think the server is. Also, try a tracert from a dial-up account and see if it finds the server.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
apparently my dsl modem is built into a residential gateway and I can only gain admin access through telnet. But I don't know the password. If anyone is familiar with residential gateways please help me out, as I know next to nothing about them.

·
Citizen of the world
51,047 Posts
ponyboy32 said:
apparently my dsl modem is built into a residential gateway and I can only gain admin access through telnet. But I don't know the password. If anyone is familiar with residential gateways please help me out, as I know next to nothing about them.
I'd start by contacting the ISP, the PW could be anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.