Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,When i am using the firefox browser if i click on an item the web page always loads three quarters its full width.any ideas whats wrong.It dosent happen with IE.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just to confirm: Do mean the height rather than the width? Or is it that the entire Firefox Window isn't filling the screen when it is opened?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi,I mean the width,i can rectify the problem for the firefox home page by clicking properties and setting it to maximum instead of normal window.I do have a widescreen lcd monitor but i wouldnt have thought that made any difference.Oh yes i mean the width is less only on one side.

·
Registered
327 Posts
This can be caused by a corrupt 'localstore.rdf' file, which is located in the Profiles folder. The remedy is either to:

Start Firefox in Firefox's Safe Mode (shortcut in the Start Menu). In the box that appears, tick 'Reset Toolbars and Controls' (2nd option down). Click the 'Make Changes and Restart' Button.

OR...

* Close Firefox.

* Go into the Profiles folder located at: 'C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxxx' ('xxxxxxxxx' represents a string of random numbers and letters).

* Find the 'localstore.rdf' file and delete it. Another file will be generated when Firefox is started.

Whichever method is used, it will be necessary to re-customise the toolbars since information of customisations is stored in this file. Worth the trouble if it cures the Window size problem though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.