Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm interested in learning Web Design. Am I in the right place to ask such question?

My knowledge on the subject is ZERO. But was really interested to start learning and implement.

Can anyone give me guidance to start and expertize.

Few questions running in my mind are:

* Will TSF block me for posting this question.
* How long it will take for me to expertize if I plan 1 or 2 Hrs daily on week days?

Looking forward for expert opinion.

Thanks,
Fareed.

· Sr. Tech, TSF Team Emeritus Microsoft Support Staf
1,109 Posts
The best place to begin is to find a good HTML tutorial online. There are a lot of very good ones. It doesn't take long to learn the basic codes. Once you have them memorized download a good HTML editor like coffeecup. Practice a while. When you're comfortable with your HTML knowlege, you can download some free website templates and familiarize yourself with XHTML and CSS. There's really no way to say how long it'll take you to become efficient as everyone learns differently but it doesn't take long.

You can always ask your questions here. That's what we're here for.

· Registered
5,238 Posts
Here is a good online "school": W3Schools Online Web Tutorials

One thing on top of what mcorton said, You will probably become fluent in html/css quickly however you are never truly done learning.

Webdesign is such a vast growing field it is nearly impossible to stay up to date with everything.

If you become fluent in html and css the next step in the process in my opinion would be php/JS.

· Registered
2 Posts
Web designing for starter especially who have not a knowledge of that side is quite hard to learn but as our todays world is leading there are lots and lots of sites that are providing free tuto for any programming languages in free of charges so that you can learn it from there without any cost and any as per you comfort.like for web designing learn first html and css.

· Registered
2 Posts
You may be on your first Web site. But more likely you are considering redesigning a Web site that isn't functioning as well as it should. Here are a few tips to get you started.
A Word on Being Consistent

Keep your navigation consistent through-out your site:
Your visitors should be able to find what they looking for, quickly and easily. If you provide alternative area specific navigation, make sure that you maintain a main site navigation on every page. Navigation should be clear and easy to follow. For example, group together links to pages on certain topics.
Make sure your graphics and page styles are consistent:
Avoid using different logos or page banners. Pick a color scheme and stick with it. Don't change colors on every page. Maintain page titles, links, backgrounds, and fonts with a similar style.
Making your site Legible

Make sure that your sites text is readable:
Select a background that's easy on the eyes and contrasts well with your text. Avoid harsh colors and busy backgrounds.
Add some white space or separators to your page to make it easier to read:
It can be difficult to read a web page that contains long paragraphs. Add a horizontal rule or use tables to add some white space to your page.
Keeping things Simple and Clean

Don't use too many Bells and Whistles:
Use animation sparingly - only to draw attention to something important on your page. Some effects are not supported by all browsers. Test your site to be sure your visitors are seeing the effects the way you intended

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi yes.fareed!

You are definitely at the correct place to resolving your query..
well for beginning to learn website design. You should go for some online tutorials from W3Schools.com, tizag.com etc.
If you can give 2 to 3 hours a day a month or two would be more than enough for you to learn..

I hope this finds you some help..
All the Best!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.