Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey hey. Yeah, so I just finished off my new website, decided I would embed some sound in it for s**ts and giggles. I chose vivaldi's concerto for strings in G minor because it fits with the fantasy style of the site(its for my WO guild).

It took me ages to figure out how to embed the sound so it would work on both IE and NSN so I settled on JAVAscript and it works fine, the problem is its a WAV file, which has turned my tiny little music file into an 18Mb monster! Its so big its making the page impossible to view online because it takes so long to load(im using my ISPs free server so the BW aint huge). Now MP3 is supported in IE 6 but is there a plugin for NSN 7.1 that will let it play MP3s? I mean play as in, there are no controls on the page, the file plays auto when you enter, controls are hidden and loop is set to infinite, but NSN doesnt have MP3 support.

I tried experimenting with MIDIs but it just confused the hell outa me trying to turn my WAV or MP3 files into them.

Basically Im asking for one of 2 things: Does anyone know of a plugin for NSN that will let it play MP3s, or, does anyone know a free, easy to use WAV/MP3 to MIDI file convertor, that isnt going to spew stuff about compiling and tone generators at me. Thanks :winkgrin:

edit: wow thanks mods, move my topic to a forum where there are 5 threads and noone has posted for days. If I had wanted to be ignored I would have tried asking in yahoo chat again.:upset:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.