Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been thinking about getting me a web cam. Not really sure I would use it alot though.

Can anyone in here tell me ..................... would I use it very much if I didn't know anyone personally with one to video chat with.

What are the pro's and con's of them?

Sorry I seem so vague, but I am not sure how much I would use it. If ya know what I mean?

Thanks for your input,

Laffctx

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
Well.... I bought one just for the sake of having one. I got a logitech quickcam because it was cheap. I hardly ever use it, but thats ok, it was cheap, so if I do need it its there. I noticed though, the Intel webcams have a way nicer quality of photo, and video.

·
hey
10,189 Posts
Live broadcasting, taking pictures, security, video chat, ummm thats all I can think of off the top of my head. My dad has one to take pictures. Some of them now come with security monitoring software. I'll have to see if I can dig up a article for you on reviews on some of them. I think creative was rated the best overall. I belive Intel was best picture.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DJ,

I think you have answered my question! Just as I thought. I probably really don't need one. Would wind up being just another gadget that would end up in a drawer someplace until I needed it, which would probably be who knows?

Thanks alot,

Laffctx

·
Registered
1 Posts
AIM Problem

I am attempting to connect with my father in CA. He has an iSight camera with Mac OSx and is connecting through AIM and iChat. I can see him, he can see me. I can hear him, he CAN NOT HEAR ME. How do we configure these programs knowing that I am on Windows XP and he is Mac OSx? I have the most recent version of AIM plus the OS update. THank you for your help. BTW, I have a Logitech camera. you may reply to me directly at [email protected] if you prefer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.