Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm new around, so if I get my post format wrong, in the wrong place, or you need more info, please let me know!

I have an HP Pavilion dv9000 series (laptop), with 1GB of RAM, and an AMD Turion 64 X2 (1.80 GHz) processor. I'm running Vista Premium SP1 (I thought I had updated it, but I guess not...). Avast! is my virus protection software.

Anyways, recently I have been having trouble with my browsers (Safari is my main one, but this applies to Firefox and I. Exporer as well) have, after an indefinite amount of time, stopped loading webpages, as if I'm disconnected from the internet. No other internet based applications have this trouble (AIM, Itunes, games, Windows Update, etc) and my computer still shows that I'm connected to the internet. This applies to when I'm either wirelessly or ethernet connected, and across a variety of networks (I've tried it out in a few coffee shops, and at friends houses) so I know it's not my router (my Xbox doesn't have trouble with staying connected)

I'm not sure what the problem could be (OS, viruses, etc), but I recently noticed that when I close the browser (after it stops loading webpages) it closes, but stays running under my Task Manager's 'Processes' tab. Also, they usually are running between 200,000 and 400,000K of memory! I can't end them (by clicking End Process) and the only way to fix it is to restart my computer, which takes forever when they are doing this.

I hope that's enough information, and like I said, if it's not, please feel free to ask any questions!

Thanks ahead of time!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.