Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

i need help big time, i was using my network WD hard disk on my PC and it was working fine, i was using a linksys router then, now i upgraded my internet and in order to do that i had to change my router, so i changed to ADSL2+ Wireless G Router.

it's as simple as that, i removed the ethernet cable from the linksys and i plugged it in to the aztech.

now in order to access the hard drive i have to connect to it using the mionet software, now when i try to connect to it it's always saying that the hard disk is OFFLINE.

although when i try to access my router LAN client list the drive is there and it has an ip.

another interesting thing, when i try to uninstall and reinstall the software and i try to create a new account on the mionet site, the software tries to recognize any active hard drive connected to my pc and it fail to recognize the hard disk!!!

i'm currently in contact with WD support, however they are saying that the problem is most probably form the new router but they never heard about this Aztech model.

please help me in his case as i really want to get my hard disk back working.

thanks

Mahmoud

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,021 Posts
The router switch should be transparent, so I can't imagine this is the router. Have you considered sticking the old router in front of this router and connecting just to see if it works that way?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i'm not getting your idea, do you want me to connect the old router to one of the new router's ports and then connect the drive to the old router?

and what do you mean transparent?

anyhow i'm gonna try that if that what you meant., however please ellaborate more on this.

many thanks appreciate the help

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
appreciate the help, however it did not work?

I'm currently using an Aztech router model is ADSL2+ Wireless G Router, my old router was a linksys model is Wireless-G ADSL Home Gateway.

i believe that the difference is in the technology support, the linksys router doesnt support Ethernet base technology internet whereas the Aztech does.

the last update from Western digital support is that to change my router to another brand like D-link or Linksys.

please advise on this.

many thanks.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,021 Posts
I'm still at a loss as to why the WD network disk cares what kind of router you have. I have a variety of network disks here, though not any WD models, and they've worked with a number of different brands of routers, including D-Link, ZyXEL, SMC, and Actiontec.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so what are you suggesting?

i going to format my pc and switch to win xp tomorrow, also i'm going to call my isp guys to come, they might have a claw?

so you are not recommending buying a new router?

as previously stated, when i try to create a new account, the mionet doesnt even detect that there is a drive connected to the pc!!

even so when i try to access the hard disk by typing the ip address, i logged to it and i can see that its active?!

any idea how to fix this?

many thanks for your help.

regards,

Mahmoud

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so what are you suggesting?

i going to format my pc and switch to win xp tomorrow, also i'm going to call my isp guys to come, they might have a claw?

so you are not recommending buying a new router?

as previously stated, when i try to create a new account, the mionet doesnt even detect that there is a drive connected to the pc!!

even so when i try to access the hard disk by typing the ip address, i logged to it and i can see that its active?!

any idea how to fix this?

many thanks for your help.

regards,

Mahmoud

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, i've just tried the network driver on my laptop which is also connected to the same router, however the hard disk didn't work, i'm going to test the hard disk over my friend's home, i will update you on this.

thanks boss, you are really helping me better than thos lazy WD support team.

thanks again, and keep the suggestions comming.

regards,

Mahmoud

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.