Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I just bought this and I'm fairly inexperienced so bare with me. I have a WD 250 gb hard drive and I already have a cheaper Buffalo drive that I hardly touch. Sometimes (not all the time) when I start my computer it says that the boot order has changed hit f1 to continue, and then on ocassion when I try to safely remove my drive I an error stating "generic volume" is in use, please try again later...when no other programs are running it. ANY advice on how to solve is appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
878 Posts
You can't use the safely remove hardware option on a hard drive that's attatched to your system. The remove hardware deal is for USB devices and such that are portable.

As for the boot order, that's something that changes in the BIOS... are you the only one using the computer, or dual booting or anything?

Might want to run a spyware/virus check.

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
no you are in the right forum someone will post a solution when they come online
the only thing i can think of is you have usb first in the boot order in the bios

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm not farmiliar with how external USB drives work, but from my experience with other drives, it probably won't fix the problem with stopping the external drive while the computer is in use. Did the drive come with any software or did you build it yourself?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.