Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so this morning I started hearing a watery noise come from my computer. I don't know if it's the liquid cooling or something else. I would assume it's the liquid cooling, but I am not sure. It sounds like water spurting out every 20 or so seconds.

Specs:
AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor
Radeon HD 6850
8GB DDR3 / 1600MHz (Corsair)
Cooling fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

·
TSF Emeritus
25,552 Posts
I would remove your cooler and check thoroughly for any leaks, make sure the pipes are in tight.
I second that.

Also, while the side is removed, check for flow in the tubes as well as look for air-bubbles.

It sounds like your pump may be pushing air.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Use a paper towel tube to isolate the exact source of the noise, then investigate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought I had fixed it until I heard a (fairly) loud dripping of water (like a sink).
I took off the cooling system again, to discover no water, no leaks, no air bubbles.

I've tinkered with the liquid cooling and think I fixed the problem. There was no water anywhere in the case. However, I can still hear this "watery noise" every couple of hours.

·
TSF - Emeritus
14,777 Posts
Check the liquid levels. There may be no leak but evaporation may cause a level drop.

A leak may not necessarily mean liquid getting out of the system - It could be an air leak where air is being sucked into the system and making the 'watery' noise on its way to the reservoir and expelled out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.