Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I am day 3 into trying to get TV-out to work from my 9500pro.

Problem: NO image at all to TV. Ever.

I started with reading the manual. I have tried every variation I can think of.

I am using 7 pin s-vid out to RCA to TV.

What i am wondering is: Is 15ft of cable too far? i cant bring my TV closer of my comp closer. I HAVE tried 2 sets of 15ft RCA though. still nothing.

Is the Warp11 Bios hack messing it up??

Please any suggestions would be great. I am pretty frustrated after 3 days.

Running win2k, sempron3100+ 512x2 ram, nforce3 mobo.

Thank you!

gravit

· Registered
7,317 Posts
Your cable is not to long. I have run 50' rca cables to the tv from an ATI card. Most of the time it is a problem with the svga to rca converter or the software that is the problem.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Terrister,

Thanks for reply!
Im glad I can take the cable out of the equation.

It is ridiculous now. There is just no output at all.
I have a bad S-vid to rca cable or the video card is not outputting at all.
Or.......

Still trying.........

· Registered
2,177 Posts
Are you using the S-Video to RCA adapter which came with the video card? I fiddled around with the TV output on my 9700 Pro and it refused to output anything with an S-Video to RCA I found in my cable box. Then I tried another one which looked identical and it worked just fine. The only one which works is the one which came with the video card.

· Registered
7,317 Posts
We have had problems with some Ati cards not coming with svga to rca adapters and finding the right one. We had one Dell that came with an ATI card and Dell sent 3 different adapters before we got the correct one.

· Registered
7,317 Posts
Also on most cards, you have to go to the advanced video control panel and enable the tv output. I have found it works best if the tv is turned on when you start the computer so it "sees" this conection.

· Registered
18,185 Posts
You may also need to force it to detect the TV and that will make it force a signal on the TV-out. If that still doesn't work then it would be a good idea to look for another S-Video -> RCA adapter.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello all,

Thanks for all the input!

I am still trying. I have been able to confirm the cable from TV is good by running my camera through it to tv.

I have tried every combination of hooking up cables and putting power on to TV and Comp.

I have tried every combination and more with new and old drivers and forcing TV and resolutions and refresh rates and such.

nothing nothing nothing......

so, next would be that s-vid to rca adapter. From your input though, are you saying it HAS to be the correct one that can ONLY come from ATI?!?

I cannot be positive that its the original cable but 90% sure it is.

Have there been any issues with the Warp11 bios corrupting output?
I seem to not have the original bios to revert to.
With Warp11 win2k shows that i have a 9700pro.

I almost reinstalled win2k today but id rather not nuke n pave if i dont have to. Any issues there?

Can I buy a 3rd party s-vid to rca that will work? can i just keep buying them until one works? does it have to come from ATI?

thanks again folks!

GraviT

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Working!

Hello folks!

Thanks alot for your help!

This was the ONLY problem: The s-video to rca adapter.

I was apparently using the one from my old geforce card.

I managed to find my radeon9500pro box and the s-vid/rca adapter was there.

The TV-out works now.

Thanks again.

gravit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.