Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Description: The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down.

I am new at solving these types of problems and I need help.
Here is what is happening:
When I Turn off my computer, I receive a message in a box with a blue banner that reads, "Waol.exe - DLL Initiation Failed". The Description below the banner reads, "The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down".
This is what I have done so far:
I ran McAfee Virus & Spyware protection and no problems were detected.
I ran Advanced System Optimizer & RegCure to correct problems with the register.
I uninstalled AOL and reinstalled AOL.
I created a second Administrator account and I am now running my programs from there. The second Administrator account corrected some problems I was having with AOL, often freezing on startup-requiring a second attempt and often freezing upon shut down-requiring a second attempt.
This is where I am at presently:
I am still receiving that flash of an error message (Waol.exe - DLL Initiation Failed) when I shut the computer down. As long as I use the new Administrator account, I am not experiencing any other problems and my processing and search speeds are good. It would be easy to put up with that flash error upon shut down, but I know that the other issues still exist with the other Administrator account.

Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Carl

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.