Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: i don't know how to get rid of it. can any help me. it came from kazaa. norton picked it up and can't do anything to it. it slows down computer to where i can't hardly use it. if anyone knows what i am talking about i would appreciate some help. email: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
cotter_33, welcome to the forums !!!

what you got is something similar to W32.HLLP.Ipamor. I guess just a newer version of it. It basically tries to relate itself to .exe files and tries to shut down some AV programs and firewalls.
Did you update definition & sig. files for norton ? maybe you can try that...if that doesnt work, play with registry. Just be careful because if you mess up registry, you might mess up the whole system ! First restart in safe mode and then run regeditor.

look at this reg. keys :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

and look for WDM MSWDM.EXE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will give it a try

merlin said:
cotter_33, welcome to the forums !!!

what you got is something similar to W32.HLLP.Ipamor. I guess just a newer version of it. It basically tries to relate itself to .exe files and tries to shut down some AV programs and firewalls.
Did you update definition & sig. files for norton ? maybe you can try that...if that doesnt work, play with registry. Just be careful because if you mess up registry, you might mess up the whole system ! First restart in safe mode and then run regeditor.

look at this reg. keys :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

and look for WDM MSWDM.EXE

hey thanks for replying so quickly i will give that a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.