Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Norton Antivirus found this virus on my computer but cannot delete the damn thing. I have gone to the website and tried following their instruction deleting via rebooting in safemode and rerunning antivirus as well as going into the regedit and deleting it in there and it still doesnt work.(i cannot find the windowupdate file they tell you should be there) Any ideas, tools, etc that can help completely remove this thing????

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
52,197 Posts
Let's see what is running on your computer.

Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Double-click on the file you just downloaded.
Click on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\

Double click on HijackThis.exe to run the program.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Post the hijackthis.log file in the HijackThis Log Help forum Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for some damn reason when I copy the info from the log and paste it into my message and try to post it, it never goes through. It eventually times out. Is it because the message is too long or something????

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
52,197 Posts
That seems odd....I've not encountered that, personally. Unless your log is incredibly long, it shouldn't be an issue. Something else is likely the cause.

You might try attaching it as a text file to the post. Use the Manage Attachments feature on your Reply page.

We usually don't like that arrangement, but if gets you started, we can see about editing it into the thread ourselves.

Oh, yeah...please refrain from unsavory language (I know, it's not as bad as it could be, but still) on the board. Much appreciated. It's a family place :grin: I can tell you're a little frustrated, but we're here to help.

Try again. If that fails, try the attachment method.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.