Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, in the middle of watching a video, my volume suddenly stopped. Completely. First I checked to make sure the speakers were still plugged in: they were. I checked the volume control box, nothing was muted. I tried plugging headphones into the computer, still nothing.

Then, today, I tried messing around a bit with the volume control box. What I discovered was that when I move the Wave bar, I get sound. But, that only works to get me sound as long as I'm holding down and moving the wave bar. The second I stop, there's no sound again.

I have no idea what this means. Help?

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Go to Control Panel/sounds and Audio Devices/Sounds. Highlight one of the Sounds with a speaker icon next to it and go down to the Arrow button to the right of the Browse button and click it. this will test that particular sound. If it plays, then you have sound on your computer. In the Volume control make sure that the Wave control is all the way up. Then check the Sound in your Video Player, make sure it is not muted and the volume is all the way up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.