Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just installed a new sound blaster live for someone in a hp computer with Windows XP. I had to download the drivers, since the disk they provided didn't work. It works ok and I have sound but the volume only goes so high, just high enough to hear. I have checked all the volume controls within windows and cannot figure out why I cannot increase the volume, all volume settings are set to high and any program used is also set to high. But there is no increase in sound. If you have any idea's let me know.

Thanks

Alley

·
hey
10,189 Posts
Do you know the model of the speakers? Are they just two speakers? Do they have two cables going into to the sound card? (one for front, one for rear). Do you have a test set of speakers you can plug in?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Lead Agent

Have you gone into "Sound Blaster Live Headquarters" setting and the "Sound Environment" ?utilities? and adjusted all the volume controls in them.

BTW, all of the "Sound Environment" do not produce the same volume output and have to be set separately.

It's a pain in the knee, but I'm sure that with some experimenting You get what you want.

Good Luck,

:ufo: :ufo: :ufo:

twas

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
volume

I Thanks for the suggestions, but when I went to sound blaster homepage, they talked about using the softeware that came with the cd that had the drivers, which I couln't use . For some reason they didn't work properly, could installing the wrong drivers make any difference on the sound quality? I will try the suggestions but if you guys think of anything else let me know.

Alley

·
hey
10,189 Posts
The wrong drivers could have a effect. I belive when I got my Audigy card from them, they had a extra CD with all the XP stuff.

Let us know if it worked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.