Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Windows XP Home Edition and I've recently been trying to use Voice-Over-IP with some of my PC games, but the games crash whenever I try to use it. I tried doing a DirectPlay Voice test in dxdiag and got the following error message:

An error occurred during DirectPlay Voice setup.

The error code it gives is 0x80004005. The microphone itself works for things like that little voice recorder program that comes with XP, but not with the games I try to use VoIP with (specifically, Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142). Can anyone help me with this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
already did

I think I reinstalled DirectX already - do you actually have to uninstall it in some way and then reinstall it, or just download and run the installer file from the Windows website like I did?

I'll check my video card driver, and see if there are any drivers for the headset. One other thing - I'm using a Labtec Gaming Headset. Any problems with that particular one? :4-dontkno

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
aslong as the headset doesnt require any special drivers due to it being powered over USB there shouldnt be any problems.

directx should just be installed over what ever version is on there now.

i would see if you could also update the motherboard drivers (internet sound etc etc etc)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exact same problem here, I´ve tried everything. The mic works fine i Ventrilo and in XP and so on, but not with VoIP (DirectPlay Voice), as with BF2.

I´ve tried the latest drivers and so on, but no luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.