Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to record a voice over for a video. Che checking my voice recording through control panels - the microphone is working well but when I actually do recordings - they come through at very low volume.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm not totally sure on this, but perhaps you've somehow turned down the volume of your recording in the video or media player. Make sure all your volume control programs are at max and your speakers are almost all the way down. Play a recording on loop and slowly turn the speakers up. If it's still quiet I'm not sure what to do. Maybe there's a lot of noise in the mic and something's filtering it out, along with most of your voice.

·
Moderator, Design Team
12,727 Posts
Some mics will need the setting "mic boost" enabled in the "Recording" section under "Advanced" button to give them sufficient volume when recording.
what software are you using for video editing? some give you the settings within the editing suite for voice over volume.
If you can't get it working - download and install Audacity - an excellent freeware audio editor and use it to record your voiceover while playing video so that you get the timing correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.