Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I wonder if anyone would mind helping me with this problem? I have searched the forum and can't find anything which has been posted before which helps me.

The computer in question has just recently (about 3-4 weeks ago) started to randomly reboot. This can happen after several hours or immediately on startup (i.e cold or hot). We don't get a BSOD or anything in the event log - just a restart. (We unchecked the box for 'restart automatically' and it still does)!

We started with a clean out of the case and checked the temperature of the CPU (42 degrees), took out the RAM one stick at a time until there was only 1gb stick left and then swapped that for one of the other sticks already taken out. We ran memtest which was OK. We replaced the 400W PSU for a 680W one with 18v on each of three 12v rails. We did a system restore to the earliest date available (a month ago) and its still restarting.

We're running Vista Home Premium with SP2 on a Microstar motherboard which appears to say MS6 7502 but I cant find this on the Microstar site. There is one alert in Device Manager on the SM bus controller which has no drivers installed, but we cant find any for it. Any other suggestions would be gratefully received.
Caryn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.