Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all!

To dive straight into it, I apoligise in advance if this problem has been answered before and as long as I somehow fix this problem I wont bother anyone on this forum again.

Anyway, to start off I got a hand me down toshiba vista computer (this is the only computer information i can supply, sorry!) from my dad. It was all in perfect order until a week ago. First of all my computer kept freezing around once everyday and entering the windows crash dump, being me I decided the problem could wait until tommrow and ignored it.

Within the next few days the freezing got worse, I could very rarely go an hour on my computer without the computer entering the crash dump so I decided to install some antivirus software on my computer and run a scan in safe mode, after I scanned and such I restarted my computer and I got the message saying the computer was in danger and could be fixed by reseting the computer to an earlier date (when the computer was working)

So I did all that and when the computer restarted AGAIN I just got a message sayin that windows vista had been corrupt (if you need an exact word for word reply of what the message actually sid just say) and that I needed to reformat the computer using the windows vista start up disk. So i promptly found the disk, got halfway through the installation of what im guessing is vista and it gets to the point where it is installing the imageX tool for window, then after that for around 15 minutes the progress bar wont increase it then says various errors below and then it goes intp what I think is just the installation of imagex again, this time however the progress does increase but when it reachs 100 it says imgaex could not apply vista (again if you need the whole message let me know) press any key to continue. Obviously that just closes the whole thing and the computer has to restart to try the process again.

Im honestly not bad with computers and can usually figure the problem out, but this time im stumped. The only thin I can derive from the situation is that a virus messed up my hardrive or the start up disk is messed.

Help!

·
Banned
3,542 Posts
Hi & Welcome.

It sounds like you just caught some weird bug, after all it's Vista. Try reinstalling your OS since you've had it for a short time - I doubt you have any important information - if you do, back it all up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.