Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have three computers (Dell 1 running xp pro, Dell 2 running vista, and Acer running win 7). Dell 1 and Acer are wired to a router (Netgear WNR2000) and Dell 2 is wireless to the same router, have a home network setup. All of the computers can see each other on the network and exchange files. The Dell 1 and Acer computers have HP printers connected through usb ports (the Acer has HP photosmart c4180 printer and the Dell 1 has HP deskjet 970cse). Both of these computers can access each others printers via the network. The problem is the Dell 2 computer cannot access either printer. I get the error message 0x00000709 when trying to access either printer. I have tried reinstalling the printers on both computers, installed printer drivers on the Dell 2 for both printers, checked printer sharing settings, etc. I need help solving this problem....thanks.

·
Moderator Hardware Team
13,446 Posts
found this on windows vista forum might what to try it.
Reinstall the printer software on your PC to which the printer is connected. Make sure you reboot it. Then install the same software on your laptop(s) and when asked to connect the printer, click cancel. Reboot. Check your laptop's printer folder. You should be all set!!! their are other sugestions on this link http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/181533-network-printer-error-0x00000709.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.