Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im trying to install vista on a 80 gig harddrive on me computer i have had vista on before and it runs fine :1angel: now I had to format the harddrive and it get through the installation and gets to extracting the files and come up with the error saying the installation cant be comleted because of reboot and then says the installation cant but saved or completed then says please start install again

please help because i need to finish my graphic design work and cant do it because the computer is stuffed also

thanks in advance and first post to

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Windows could not complete the installation due to error No number then says windows vista could not save the install or reboot please try again then goes back to the start

·
Registered
203 Posts
Lets try this. I am assuming that you have no files that you need on the hard drive? First power down the computer. Remove power cord and wait 15 seconds. Then follow the steps below. This should do it.

1. Insert the DVD into the DVD drive.
2. On the disk selection screen, press SHIFT+F10. A Command Prompt window opens.
3. Type diskpart, and then press ENTER to open the diskpart tool.
4. Type list disk, and then press ENTER. A list of available hard disks is displayed.
5. Type sel disk number, and then press ENTER. number is the number of the hard disk that you want to clean. The hard disk is now selected.
6. Type det disk, and then press ENTER. A list of partitions on the hard disk is displayed. Use this information to verify that the correct disk is selected.
7. Make sure that the disk does not contain required data, type clean all, and then press ENTER to clean the disk. All the partitions and all the data on the disk is permanently removed.
8. Type exit, and then press ENTER to close the diskpart tool.
9. Close the Command Prompt window.
10. Click the Refresh button to update the disk selection screen. This step lists the disk.
11. Run Windows Vista Setup to perform a clean installation of Windows Vista.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok i got up to the part in the control promt saying

list disk
i press 0 as my C: drive

and it comes up with a bunch of commands
now what
im lost

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dont read last post got it working its taked ages to do the clean all format still going now about 7 mins is this normal

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New problem It says
*windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of the installation please restart it *

i do says same thing *** is going on never had a problem installing it the first time

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yo, Welcome to TSF, I'm just curious, have you tried deleting the partion and then create a new one then reformat it again, Since you mention that on the installation disk you can go to the part where you can format it right? Then tell me if the installation continue. BTW what is the specs of your computer?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok specs of comp are as follows

Intel 3.2ghz quadcore q6600
Quad sli 9800
4 Gig of Hyper x ddr3 low latency ram
2 500 gigs and 1 160 sata2 harddrive

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.