Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

This is my first time joining a tech support forum because this issue has become THAT much of a nuisance to me. I had to uninstall World of Warcraft when the new game patch came out and when I tried to reinstall it, it was always unable to do so. I ran it on different profiles, ran as administrator, ran in safe mode, still nothing. So WoW tech support told me to run a memory scan and a registry cleaner. Memory checked out okay, registry cleaner found a few problems... but after I ran registry cleaner now whenever I log on to my profile(just mine), two windows pop up at the beginning multiple times. One says registry console tool isn't working(something like that)" and the other says " reg.exe has failed to initialize properly.
The hard part about is everything on the computer seems to be working fine... applications.. internet... everything... so I thought it was just the WoW disc. But then I tried to install discs for a japanese language program and it couldn't install either! And while it was opening the disc;s setup I got those two error messages again. Toshiba tech support says I will need to get the boot disc that came with the computer and restore factory settings because the file is corrupted, but I'm looking for any other way to do it that doesn't involve me paying for the disc, shipping and handling, tech support, blah blah blah... anyone got any ideas?

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, MVP
34,403 Posts
There s/b an option to restore the system to factory default settings or factory image. Choose it. All files on the OS drive (usually c:) will be lost. Your system will be restored to the way it was when you took it out of the box and 1st turned it on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay when I press F10 at the startup it takes me to the "edit boot options" screen. On this screen there are no options. It looks like a DOS setup. Is it possibly another button instead of F10? Also, I have started putting all my data onto disks... will I have to re install something for my wireless connection as well? I doubt I still have the software for that...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.