Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had Vista previously installed on this computer and it eventually got too buggy, so I'm doing a clean install. Initially I went with the quick format and install route, which worked, but one of the Windows updates hung up on install and I had to force a restart. As you can guess things quickly went sour, so I had to try to re-install it again. No luck... the Windows installation could not find my HDD, which is a striped array (two drives). In my boot sequence it shows a healthy striped array, as usual, but not when installing Windows.

I decided to take the next step and totally wipe my drives, a 12 hour process with DBAN, which was successful. But this was to no avail... "No drives were found. Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation."

I'm lost as to what to try next. I did go into BIOS and change my RAID setting to IDE and upon my next install attempt it showed both drives, but I want my striped array...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not at home right now, but I have the Foxconn Destroyer motherboard... and from a quick search it appears that its a JMicron RAID driver that Foxconn supplies for this board. I'm relegated to searching on my phone... maybe you can find out more. And thanks for helping! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.