Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed vista 64 bit on my machine. It has not been a good process and I cannot get this thing to work in the slightest. I am currently getting an error that reads

Boot from CD
Disk boot error, insert system disk and press enter

Before anyone offers a suggection, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE OFFERING ADVICE:

These are the things I have tried already:
1. Reinstalling again (4 times)
2. Using vista command prompt to fix the bcd file
3. using the vista startup repair option to find any problems and fix them (none found)

there are NO floppy drives, cd drives, or anything else that this system could possibly boot off of.

I have checked the bios and boot order to make sure the computer is trying the correct hard drive.

I have even tried going back to XP, but that didn't work since there are no sata drivers built into SP3 and the machine will not recognize my usb floppy.

I wanted to test the hard drives but ultimate boot cd could not see them. I have not made the ultimate boot cd for windows, I really do not want to go through that, it is entirely unnecessary.

my machine specs are as follows:

e8500 intel processor 3.14 ghz
Foxconn blackops motherboard
2 western digital 640 gig hard drives in raid 0
4 gigs OCZ reaper ram

Please do not patronize me or waste my time with comments like "i have this problem too" or suggesting any fix I have already tried. I am at my wits end and need real help at this point.

I appreciate anyone who is willing to take the time to help me with my problems, but I do ask that you do not waste my time.

thank you in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thank you very much for all your help, no wait, you didn't help me at all.

some damn tech support forum this is, no one even looks at the goddamn post. Hope you are proud of what you do here.

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, MVP
34,393 Posts
Hi -

We are very proud of what we do here and do so on a volunteer basis. My apologies to you that your thread was inadvertently overlooked.

Seeing this for the 1st time today, my only suggestion is to either purchase or borrow a DVD drive for your system and insert the Genuine Vista x64 DVD that you purchased. It seems to me that the installation is questioning the authenticity of your USB copy of Vista. To my knowledge, one cannot purchase a genuine copy of Vista on a USB - only DVD.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't disregard everything you do here for other people, what I am upset about is that no one seems to be willing to help me. with 47 views it should have been that case that SOMEONE could have said something. People come here expecting assistance and getting snubbed like this isn't very helpful.

Also, I never stated once that I had a usb copy of vista. I have a DVD copy and a drive which I installed it with. Multiple people have had this booting issue before, but I have yet to find a competent answer from other forums.

If you are going to try to help someone then please read what they say first. I stated that there are no devices that the machine could be booting off of, meaning I made sure that it was booting from my raid drive, not that I don't have a DVD drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.