Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Football Manager 2008 game last night. Its installed and it opens, but when I run the software, Vista shuts down Aero and goes to a Basic setting. So all I get is a white screen.

Is there a fix for installing the game and having Aero work so that I can actually see the game instead of a white screen?

Vista is driving me nuts and I can't stand it.

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visitng Expert
4,279 Posts
Hello aljubicic :smile:

Hoe much RAM do you have? You will need at least 2GB to run games on Vista and more is better.

Have you updated your video drivers?

Here is another suggestion

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 2GB of RAM on my pc. I just bought it a year ago. Performance shouldn't be an issue.

Can video drivers be updated on line or do I need to purchase something?

I will try disabling Aero. I thought I needed Aero working properly to run the game, since in Basic it only gives me a white screen?

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visitng Expert
4,279 Posts
You can update the drivers online. Just go to the manufacturers site, e.g. NVIDIA

Maybe you won`t get the white screen if you disable Aero before starting the game. I don`t know as I have not tried to do that. You do not need Aero running to play games.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing worked. Not only that, I can't even get the disc to run anymore. Of course it works just fine on my brother's lap top, but that doesn't help me too much.

I think its time to buy a MAC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.