Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive heard lots of talk about the fine print of vista saying that Microsoft has the right to delete any files you have if they feel that it threatens safety, without you even knowing it. It also says that they can force you to have to re-activate vista if you change any computer components.

does this mean that it may block some sites because its got a little bit of a threat?

people also say that it pretty much takes away all of your freedom.

is any of this true? is it a good investment? help!!

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Microsoft has the right to delete any files you have if they feel that it threatens safety, without you even knowing it.
That's a bit far-fetched. In order to be able to delete any files that it feels are threatening, it would have to have access to those in the first place. If it actually had provisions for that, it would have been all over the news.

What you probably heard is the long list of complaints about Vista's DRM. And yes, when you install, you are agreeing not to circumvent them.

Read the End User License Agreement if you're uncertain.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Their probably not going to go to the trouble to delete your files when they are making a good profit off of you. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Microsoft could probably say anything in their EULA like "We can seize your house at any time if we feel threatened" and no one would notice because who actually reads a 50 page EULA

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Especially if it comes preinstalled on a machine. They call this a "shrink-wrap contract".

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
I never read the EULA, i count on M$ bashers to read it for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.