Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, I am in desperate need of help.

I just got a brand new, gorgeous gaming computer, and it has been running beautifully for two weeks. Last night I put the computer to sleep and came back to it 14 hours later, it turned on but was frozen solid. The mouse moved but nothing more. I tried to open the task manager and was given a "no permissions" error. Reluctantly, I did a hard restart, at which time I was informed that the Symantec Service framework had stopped working.

This confused me as it has been working perfectly well since installed 2 weeks ago. I ran Registry Genius with no issues, can go online, however Windows now gives me error Code 80248015 when I try to check for updates. I've followed steps to make sure my BITS is working, but still no luck fixing this.

I attempted to uninstall Norton through Programs in the Control Panel but again received an error that Systematic had stopped working. Inserting the CD allowed me to uninstall it, restarted and re-installed. Put in my product key, and then the install errored again.

Setup has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Needless to say, no solution has been suggested by Windows. I did a Clean Boot, disabling everything that was not a Microsoft Service, and received the same errors upon trying to install Norton. After the error, attempting to install it again prompts a Remove All command. Attempting to install the program without running a sweep results in a "Windows installer has stopped working" error, followed by a "Setup has stopped working" error.

Ultimately, it does install Norton, but when I try to run it, it gives me "Symantec Service Framework has stopped working." I'm convinced I need to update something, but I'm getting so many errors thrown at me I have no idea where to even start, and Google is not being very helpful. I honestly do not know what caused this, as nothing new has been installed or altered in days, and it has gone into sleep mode previously with no issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.