Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm having trouble with a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 card from Visiontek. Whenever i start up the computer, all i see on my computer is jus lines and blocks. I know this isnt a Windows error since it has this problem even before loading windows. I can tell that the computer boots up to Windows XP but i cant see anything disernable on the screen except lines and blocks.

The really bad thing about all this is that i cant even get the card replaced since I threw away the original box and have misplaced my receipt.

Can anyone help me here? I would very much apperciate any help.

Thank You in advance.

PC SPECS.
1.3 GHZ P4
512MB RDRAM PC800
SB Live! Audio Card
Visiontek GeForce4 Ti 4200 128MB 4X
40GB HD
Windows XP SP1

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome to the Forum hacker2urdoor,

What I'll try first is take out the video card and see if you get POST... Take out all the other cards (like NIC, sound) and make sure that the video card is seated correctly and see if it boots... Check to make sure that your monitor cable is connected tightly... Put back your old card and see if it boots...

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I did what you said and that didnt help. I also uninstalled the old drivers, still didnt help. I hooked it to a TV using the S-Video Port...it still showed the vertical lines on the screen.

So I really dont know what to do here....any help, again, would be much appriciated.

J. George

·
Registered
207 Posts
Let me ask a couple of questions if I may.

First, have you changed any of the video settings? If so, this maybe the cause.

Second, have you installed any video drivers recently? If you did, did you uninstall the old drivers first? If you install drivers overtop of the older set of drivers than it can cause problems.

Third, have you tried putting in the WinXP CD and try going into safe mode? I know you said that you're having the problem before you get to Windows but I'm hoping that if you can get the system to boot up in safe mode that the display might clear up enough to see what is going on.

The only other thing I could suggest right off the top on my head is can you borrow a video card from someone and try that card? If so give that a try and see what you find. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.