Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm new here and I came here because of a problem I have with an apparent virus attack. I use G Data AVK 11 and it again and again tells me that it has prevented a virus infection, but then when I do the virus search with it, it does not find it. The log says the virus is Backdoor.Win32.Dumador.dd, located in C:\System Volume Information\_restore(... , detected by the KAV engine.

I don't find a way to remove this, so I'd be grateful for help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for the answer. That was quick!
I've done what you suggested. At least I guess so, because those names are not in English on my computer.
Now if I do not get further detection messages, does that mean the thing is gone? Actually, there weren't new warnings for some hours even before I followed your suggestion, and this is quite long, because there were so many of them before. But I didn't see a sign of the problem being gone.
The day before, there were even more warnings. They were about the same virus, but then in C:\Windows\dvpd.dll (When I try to go there, he tells me he cannot show the page, as if it were a website) Those messages have not reappeared, but does this mean the threat is over? (I have used the computer's search function and deleted some things I found suspicious)

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
It would be a good idea to do an online scan just to make sure it is all gone. Also you should do a spyware scan with ad-aware and spybot. See below for a link to all these.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

I've already run Spybot and AdAware anyway, but not the online check.

Some people say one must format the whole system in such a case. Do you not think this is necessary?

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Every once in awhile we come across a computer that is so far gone, that formatting is the only way to fix it. The problem with doing this is most people do not have current backups(if any). Try the online scan. If that does not clean you up, visit the security section and follow directions to have them get you cleaned up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.