Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I installed VirtualDrive from the FarStone website. After installation, I noticed that it probably wouldn't work too well for me because I couldn't find some of the discs I was going to put on a virtual drive, so I decided to uninstall it. However; when I tried to do that, my computer would just reboot. I did some searching and noticed 'Install.exe' on my computer, and whenever I try to delete it, it just tells me that someone else is using the product.

For some reason, my System Restore has been turned off this entire time (I'm guessing one of my brothers did it.) I rebooted in Safe Mode and tried to do some stuff, but to no avail. It seems that my computer is getting worse. I'm not able to connect to the internet (I'm using a different computer right now..) and most of my programs will not work. Is reformatting the only way out? Or am I pretty much done for? I just need some help..

Thanks in advance.

·
Happy to support TSF!
7,263 Posts
Hi GoShox, welcome to TSF..

formatting and reinstalling is an option but there's lots of avenues to inspect before you get that far.

If you suspect malware, please read through this thread. Follow the advice to post a Hijack This log file here. One of our analysts will be more than happy to help rid you of the infections.

In the meantime, there are tools you can use to remove the file which is being awkward. Unlocker is probably the best freeware option available. Once downloaded and installed, right click on the file and select 'Unlocker' from the context menu. A window should pop up advising you what process is locking the file.......usually you can just select 'Delete' from the drop down menu and then select the 'Unlock All' button but as you may have a serious infection, I don't advise doing that as you could cause more problems. In this case, post back the details of the process which is causing the lock and i'll advise further.

Also, is the VirtualDrive still present in 'My Computer'?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I am not home right now, but I will try what you said ASAP.

Yes, I installed four virtual drives and all of them were still present under My Computer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.