Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A yellow pop up say's, virtual memory is low. Then every thing runs slow, how do I fix this........

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Check your current VM settings.

Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced Tab > Under Performance click settings > Advanced Tab > Under Virtual Member there should be something that says "Total paging file size for all drives" whats it say?

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it says Initial size (MB): 288 Maximum size (MB): 576 what it should be set as.....

·
Registered
259 Posts
That sounds like plenty of virutal memory to me!!

You may want to just recreate pagefile.sys sometimes those suckers get corrupted hehe!!

It's pretty easy to do just go into control panel, system and change the virtual memory to 0, reboot the system and log back on do the same thing but set it to the size you want reboot one more time and you should be good to go.

I've found this to work on NT machines when users are constantly getting that message even after raisng the virutal memory.

Let me know if it work fer ya!!

TC

·
Registered
529 Posts
I usually devote about three gigs (minimum AND maximum). The fact Windows don't need to resize the swap file helps to add stability and speed to a certain extent. With this, the more the merrier. You may also want to check the XP tips stickey. It may not be virtual memory after all (though I do suggest at least a gig on today's boxes and software.).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.