Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when ever I install my radeon 9550 256mb powercolor video card and the monitor blinks everytime i move windows or play games and things alike an annoying buzzing sound is heard. its different depending on what i do, like if i use my mouse scroll it makes a really zippy sound and ****. i havnt tried the card on any other computer but its the card or my motherboard. Iveturned my onboard sound off and it does it, also turned monitor off.

tech support has nothing to say but try it on a nother computer but i dont know anyone with an AGP slot. :4-dontkno i cant RMA it because i bought it from a friend. (he says it worked fine but he sold it to me for 20 bucks so who knows. :4-thatsba )

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uranium-235 said:
an annoying buzzing coming from your speakers?
yep.

ati support says i need to RMA it or try it on another cpu to make sure its not my mobo...alotta support i got from them huh? can't RMA a card i bought from a friend.

·
Registered
227 Posts
be sure your speaker wires aren't anywhere near your monitor/monitor cable. that's the only thing I can think of. If you've turned your sound card off, and it does it, that means it can only be coming from the speaker wires

eather that, or your onboard sound chip isn't grounded properly. I mean since you turned it off (I'm guessing in cmos) then there isn't any sound data being processed that could cause this, so I'm only guessing, that somehow the circuts involving your onboard sound card are having interference problems, and that is going down into your pre-amped speakers

have you tried unplugging the speakers? maybe plugging a headphone in there?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uranium-235 said:
be sure your speaker wires aren't anywhere near your monitor/monitor cable. that's the only thing I can think of. If you've turned your sound card off, and it does it, that means it can only be coming from the speaker wires

eather that, or your onboard sound chip isn't grounded properly. I mean since you turned it off (I'm guessing in cmos) then there isn't any sound data being processed that could cause this, so I'm only guessing, that somehow the circuts involving your onboard sound card are having interference problems, and that is going down into your pre-amped speakers

have you tried unplugging the speakers? maybe plugging a headphone in there?

I only use headphones (counter-strike player) and I've tried speakers and another pair of headphones, both have the same effect. Its not always the same sound , its different depending on what I do. I'm sure its just the graphics card so when my friend sends me a radeon 9200 I'm going to sell this one on ebay for atleast 40 bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.