Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea why, but for some reason all of a sudden I can't play any computer games.

I have a nVidia Geforce II that has been running flawlessly for about a year now, and I have been playing the same games with great FPS for a long time.

However, all of a sudden, in the past few days, I cannot get any kind of playable FPS playing the same games that I have always played.

For example, I play army ops. I usually get FPS in the 40's and 50's, now I cannot play the game because my FPS is in the 0's and 10's. This is the same for every game... I do not recall changing any settings and I don't know if I accidently messed something up but I have gotten all the latest drivers for everything, I have reinstalled the games. I also cleaned out all background applications and processes, and nothing is out of the ordinary in that department. And the problem prevails.

Also, my computer will run fine when I boot it up, and continue running fine until I attempt to play one of these games. When I exit the game, my computer's desktop runs as sluggish as the computer game was, and continues to be sluggish until I reboot again.

Please... I am very frustrated. Can anyone help? I have no clue why all of a sudden this happened...

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
hmm

so when you say you reinstalled drivers and upgraded directx and stuff and the problem prevails, you did all this after there was already a problem?

if so, you are saying that before the problem started you dont remember changing anything that would cause anything like this?

if i understood correctly let me know, i need to know if i understand your problem, and maybe one of will remember seeing something like this.

on the other hand, did you install anything at all between your last successful game session and the first failed one? usually figuring out what onset the error opens the door to the solution.

~BoB~

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
also

also while it is being sluggish, try pressing control+alt+delete and see if anything odd is running. i usually dont allow anything to run besides my systray, directcd, and explorer to be running when my machine is "idle". sometimes when your machine is hanging up, it is a hung program causing this.

~BoB~

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
video probs

Thanks for replying...

In between my last successful game and first problematic game, to be specific, all I remember doing is typing a document in Microsoft Word.... I also remember downloading MP3's (one of which was corrupt, and I deleted)

That is all I remember doing in between my last succesful run of the game, and the first problematic run.

I am oh so very frustrated by this problem.

(also, I have done the whole "CTRL+ALT+DEL" thing and have made sure nothing is running in the background, yet the computer is still sluggish (FPS-wise))

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
I all so have a geforce 3, I have no problem I updated directx & nvidia drivers. Right click on your desktop, then click properties, then click on settings, at the bottom right click on advanced, on the upper right click on geforce 3, now tell me what every thing is set on.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

IRQ - 11
BIOS: 3.20.00.10.02
Bus: AGP 4x
Memory:64mb
Directx9

all drivers are 6.14.01.4345

Intellisambple settings set on "quality"
Antialiasing is set on Off
Anisotropic Filtering is Off
Texture Sharpening is Off

Direct 3d Settings - Enable Fog table emulation is checked
Display Logo When running Direct 3d Applications is unchecked
mipmap detail level - Best image quality
Use up to 63mb of system memory for textures in PCI mode
Vertical Sync Mode - Always off
Render no more then 3 frames ahead

Applications control refresh rate

Clock Frequencies -
Core - 200mhz
Memory - 460mhz

Those are about all the settings under GeForce 3 tab in display settings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.