Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first of all. I have a Gf2 mx 200 on XP pro.
Everything worked fine in win 98 but had to upgrade to xp pro for work related things. Ok. The computer will not run any opengl or direct3d games. It will not even run the 3d windows screen savers. When these things are ran the computer locks up complelty. Mouse wont move ctrl-alt-del wont even work and you have to power off. I bought a GF4 card and got the same results. I have tried many many drivers. Including older ones and the omega ones. When I installed the omega drivers I started up Halflife counter-strike and it actually let me join a game and play for about 30 seconds. Before it wouldnt even join the game it would freeze up before that.
I just updated to the new nvidia drivers. And it does the same thing as the omega drivers except gets an error msg.
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Program C:\directory of .exe of the game.
abnormal program termination. Then it goes back to windows when i click on ok. Thx for any help.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Okay, I'll need full specs on your system.. Namebrand, Processor Speed, #RAM, ect...

I doubt it would happen that way in all games, but have you tried getting the newest updates for the Games, as well as DirectX?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have updates for all the games I have tried. It does it in all opengl or direct3d games. Which is basically all of them lol. Especially the first person ones what i play. And direct x is updated.

Sys. Specs.

HP 8586C
500mhz
384mb ram
gf2 mx 200

That all you need basically?
Thx for help

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sys. Specs.

HP 8586C
500mhz
384mb ram
gf2 mx 200

?mb = ? on card
? agp or pci

have you used the direct x test's
if it's a pci card microsoft recomend's disabling agp acceloration(through direct x) i have noticed it help's alittle ---dont know why it comes preset with it enabled ...it did on my sys even though all i have is an intergrated card and no agp slot.

ps what does lol mean
im going to adopt the screen name pebcac...
Lon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.