Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to put a video clip on a web site from a camcorder? If so is there special equipment needed to do this. Thanks. I have a short audio message on my web page but was limited to only 30 seconds. Is there a way I can put an hours worth of audio on my web page? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
yes there is a way, but....
did you find a way to transfer video from your camcorder to your pc? (digital camcorder ? )
if you have a regular camcorder, that is your biggest hurdle...
you might have to get a video card with TV or VIDEO IN feature... or maybe take it to the video store which can transfer VHS on a DVD... Other thing is hours worth of video/audio... If you have hours worth of video/audio, it would take hours to load and its a burden on the bandwidth, especially if you're on dialup...

P.S. it helps if you use powerful software and a fast PC with plenty of memory...VHS quality tends to deteriorate when copied, even tape to tape...

*/L

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Melin is right....on dial up video will annoy and from what I heard recent study put dial up use at around 70%... and not going away anytime soon...also video will eat up hard drive space....

BUT...

If you want to capture video at a budget of around $100 you have two choice...

Does the camera support Firewire...if so get Adapetc's fire wire Kit...comes with Firewire, PCI card and video edoting software...

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/product/proddetail.html?sess=no&prodkey=AFW-4300A&cat=/Technology/FireWire-1394/FireWire-1394+Adapters

if not...go here

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/

a solution for every price ...and simple to use...Just dont make the mistake and order an analog capture card when you have a digital camera...make the card useless...p.s. analog caputer card for sale :upset:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.