Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

didnt really know where to make the topic since the problem started with tryin to install a game.

i installed diablo 2 onto my pc, but it would not play i just kept gettin a black screen at the beginnin and had to reboot my pc to get out.
so i went to the nvidia website and got the latest drivers for my card which is a 7600gt. but that still hasnt fixed the problem, i cant play the game and now any video clip i play is appearing messed up. the picture is sorta paler for some reason, and when u switch between windows media player and another program the picture is small and not the size its meant to be. dont think its windows media player itself because i used windows media player classic and tried diffferent files but its the same its pale as if there is less colour in the videos. anyone able to help plz?

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
What's the manufacturer of your 7600GT ? You may have better luck with the manufacturer's own drivers.

Diablo 2 is an old game which may not work well with the most recent video cards. There should be some readme file in the root of the CD telling you about the possible problems with some video cards and maybe you'll find some clues there. Make sure you installed the latest patch for the game :
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20758

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on dxdiag it says the manufacturer is nividia, where is where i got the drivers from.

am downloading the diablo 2 patch now to try it. but i still have the problem of videos i watch being pale, i dunno why thats happening.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Nvidia is the manufacturer of the video chipset, not of the video card itself. Sometimes the manufacturer of the video card overclocks or tweaks it a little and they may have proprietary drivers which will work better than Nvidia's. For instance my video card is an XFX 7600GT XXX. If you've lost the drivers CD or the box in which the video card came you'll have to open your computer and look for the brand on the video card itself.

If you've got the original drivers CD then uninstall Nvidia's control panel or the Nvidia drivers with add/remove programs and reinstall them with the CD. You may also go in the device manager (right-click "my computer" => properties => hardware => device manager), expand display adapters, double-click your video card, go to the driver tab and click on roll back driver to reinstall your older drivers.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i downloaded the diablo 2 patch and now the game is working fine now. thx for your help.

but im still having problems with video in general. i still had the box for my graphics card and its made by xpertvision i think. should i download the drivers from
HTML:
http://www.xpertvision.com/en/support/driver.html
then?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i rolled back the drivers and video playing seems to be ok now. thx for your help, if any problems persist then ill post again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.