Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently reformatted my computer and reinstalled windows XP, however some screen resolutions dont work, and Im unable to go into standby mode. I figured it was a video card issue, so I went into device manager and sure enough it says the my Video Controller (VGA Compatable) has no driver installed. I have an HP Pavillion model a1130n, my video card is a radeon xpress 200. Also I think its worth noting that when I try to install the latest drivers for that card my comp freezes, I dunno if those two things are related. I have the latest version of DirectX. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All I can find on Hp's website are the motherboard specifications, I dont see anything about chipset drivers for it... any idea where on the site they are?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok ive looked at that page a million times... I downloaded and installed the Bios update. And the ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Graphics Driver Update makes my comp freeze other than that I dont see on that page where there are chipset drivers am I missing it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok all this appears to be is an update for HP Update Tool, I tried downloading it and it and installing and it says update did not complete (9994).... I dont think I even have HP Update tool, this pc originally came with XP Media Center, and I removed that and put in professional, I dunno if the update tool went away with it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.