Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... i recently decided to buy a new video card. With the coming out of windows vista i settled to buy one that's compatible with directx 10: so do you know when will i able to find this kind of cards around the price of 250 dollars?

I've another problem: my LCD monitor supports only VGA standard.. so will this kind of video cards work with my lcd?

bye and happy christmas!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Any card that costs that much is going to have one or both DVI outputs. But...they always give you atleast one adapter for VGA. I don't know about the dx10 though.

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
If you only want to spend $250, you won't be getting a DX10 card for a while. the lowest end DX10 card out now, the 8800GTS, is over $450. Vista will run fine on DX9, and most games aren't going to use DX10 for a while, so you are probably best getting a 7900GT if you want to spend that much.

Also, make sure your motherboard has a PCIe slot and you have a large enough PSU before upgrading to any high end graphics card.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah... i've pcie ;)
i'm not hurried to buy this video card 'cause mine is quite good now(radeon x300(...

so i can wait for march when the first medium video cards should come out....

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Look into the 8600 cards, those should be in your price range.

About the LCD, just about ALL graphics cards that are DVI that you buy will include a DVI to VGA adapter that will use the analog part of the DVI. You won't have any problems there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.