Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently tried to start playing 'dragon age' game with high settings on my pc. My pc started to shut down unexpectedly more and more frequent as I kept trying to play the game. Eventually it would shut down just with me while browsing the internet getting worse and worse. It would also shut down with no beeps or boot up warnings. I updated my driver and still nothing fixed.

The next day I thought I would give the tower a dust to see if that would help.
After that, I tried to start up the pc and now its worse. I get power to the everything except the video card. The hard drive doesn't sound like booting the OS. I also discover that the fan on the video card is not spinning.

My first assumption is the video card and/or PSU is fried. I tried replacing the graphics card with a brand new one. And I get the same thing when I try to boot up(everything seems powered except the graphics card), so it seems its not a video card problem.

I pray its not a driver or motherboard issue. I'm about to try replacing the PSU today and hoping that was the only problem.

My specs:
PSU:800watt
GPU: Nvidia 9800gtx and Nvidia 285gtx

I'm a little scared to problem solve this on my own and figure out those arent the issues. Any thoughts on what this could be? Thanks in advance... :pray:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hrmmm I will have to check the power supply brand and model. All I can remember is modular.

I don't know how to get into the bios with no video. The motherboard doesn't have a vga attached.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.