Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks

Here's a strange one. I received some pics from my mate which put in a folder called "Brys Folder" on my desktop. After copying the folder to my storage drive I deleted the folder off my desktop. No everytime I reboot the folder is back on the desktop. I have emptied the recycle bin but it keeps coming back to haunt me?!??!?!

Now I have Norton Antivirus 2003 and when you double click the recycle bin it goes to something called unerase wizard and there are hundreds of Norton protected files in it one of which is this file. I can't bring up my normal recycle bin I can only right click it and empty recycle bin. I have just deleted all of these protected files to see if this remedies the problem.

Mark

·
Citizen of the world
51,047 Posts
FWIW, I think Norton's Protected Recycle Bin is a PITA! That's the first feature I kill off when I install Norton! :(

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep just rebooted and sure enough it is still there. Can i uninstall norton recycle bin on its own I can't find the option. If this is never gonna let me delete things off my desktop I could be in strife soon!

·
Citizen of the world
51,047 Posts
Open up the properties of the recycle bin, and select Norton. Reduce it's usage to 0% and apply it. After that, uncheck the Norton protection. Do this for each drive in the system in that order.

Norton protection is GONE! :)

Oh, you also probably have to rename the recycle bin, they leave their name on it even after you do this. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.