Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Today I got my new headset - Sharkoon skiller sgh2
In the morning when I plugged it in for the first time everything was alright, then few hours later I turned my laptop on (Lenovo Legion Y540-17IRH) and it started.
Whenever my device uses microphone whether it is for discord, ts3 or system check I get that light buzzing sound in headset.
I would like to know what cause this and how to fix that thing even though it is not that loud.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
8,855 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could it be a problem with USB port? I mean when the port is 3.0 and headset USB plug is designed to use with 2.0. Also this noise is not unbearable, it's just a little disturbing when I have no music or anything on.

·
8,855 Posts

·
Moderator , Security Team
1,382 Posts
Any buzzing in an audio device is usually caused by a dodgy earth, either in the device, the cable, or the connector. Earth failure means the audio channel is not properly screened, which means non-signal noise is picked up by the device.

To help discover which it is, follow the instructions given by SpywareDr.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update
I returned the headset and ordered a new because nothing helped. I plugged it in and I still can hear that sound.

·
8,855 Posts
Sounds like something nearby. or in electrical circuits inside and outside the computer may not shielded well enough?

To test though, first try them at a friends house on their computer. If still the same noise, then you know the problem must be the headset.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tested the first headset on 2 computers and outcome was the same, now I got same model and problem still occurs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts