Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a customer of mine who has an advent desktop with vista 32 bit home premium. The startup repair cannot repair the computer automatically. When you try to launch startup repair recommended, it keeps producing a blue screen with this error code nvlddmkm.sys. It has something to do with the NVIDIA graphics card installed. This could be linked to why vertical blue lines appear when windows vista 32 bit home premium is loading. Safe mode, safe mode with command prompt etc,etc work OK. I have already done a checkdisk scan, which corrected the errors. I also did a system file check and it found a file that it could not repair ie mshwjpnr.dll. I did some research on this DLL and found it has something to do with printing software! I did a registry tweak, based on this you tube video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrOKlh9fC9g, to help get rid of the nvlddmkm.sys blue screen of death, and used Spyhunter (a malware removal tool) to help repair the mshwjpnr.dll file as advised by a website. The customer has just replied to my email, saying that the vertical blue lines are still there when windows loads, even after doing all of this. In safe mode etc, the vertical lines are white. and the icons are all very blurry ie google chrome, norton etc,etc. I did update the nvidia graphics driver 307.83 that i found on the programs menu, but I did not update the nvidia geforce 7300 LE driver that is found under the display adapters in device manager! I went onto nvidia's website to find it, but there were too many versions and I was not sure which was the right geforce driver version to download! Could you tell me which one to use from their website here Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, please?

I am assuming that the language english (uk) is used!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I need a quick reply, if possible, please. I am assuming that the graphics card has gone and will need to be replaced! Windows cannot be loaded at all by the way! It only works in safe mode etc,etc?

Will updating the above geforce 7300 LE driver, help to get rid of the vertical blue lines when windows loads, after this driver has been correctly updated from nvidia's website?

·
Networking Team |Tech
4,117 Posts
Hi sergios,

I woul definitely try a different spare video card that's compatible on your customer's computer. It's possible that the lines signals a failing video card. Hope everything works out well for you and please provide an update when you can, thank you.

·
TSF Enthusiast
1,292 Posts
Since the lines appear in safe mode, its most likely a hardware problem, as safe mode does not use Nvidia's drivers, but rather window's built in ones.

·
Premium Member
41,913 Posts
Does the computer have an onboard VGA adapter? If so, remove the nVidia card. Then you can try and repair Windows, by doing a Startup Repair from a restart or a Windows DVD. Once Windows is stable, use a different Video card, or just use the VGA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.