Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Acer Aspire laptop. 2 years old. On start up, blue vertical lines flash on and off the screen. I had just had a new hard drive put in and two days later the lines started to appear. I have taken it to a technician who cant fix it but has seen the problem. Have tried putting it in safe mode, had 2 extra gig of RAM put on yet the lines still appear. Is there any way to get rid of it. I am worried it will get worse until I have no screen at all. Would a new monitor solve the problem? I dont know much about this so any assistance would be appreciated as I have spent a fortune of late on this computer and if it is going to pack it in shortly because of these lines that only flash on and off at the moment but am worried they will stay permanently. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I have spent a fortune of late and want to know if I am up for a new computer shortly.:wave:

·
Banned
654 Posts
Hey. Have you visited Acer's website for your particular model to obtain the latest graphics adapter driver for your laptop? If not, that would be beneficial whether it eventually helps or not. It should.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey. Have you visited Acer's website for your particular model to obtain the latest graphics adapter driver for your laptop? If not, that would be beneficial whether it eventually helps or not. It should.
All drivers have been updated but the problem persists.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.