Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Compaq Presario r4000 that was dropped. Since then, the right side of the screen has a band of vertical stripes, about 4 inches wide and running from the top to the bottom. I plugged it into my desktop monitor and the picture looked fine, so I figured the screen had to be replaced. I got a new screen with a new video cable and inverter board and installed. I just turned it on to see the same thing happening. What can I do?

·
Registered
12,437 Posts
If problem only shows up in Windows (and not in BIOS setup screens/menu), then it could be video drivers. Also since this started after being dropped, then it could be the video cable or the video card.

As per your post you have replaced almost video related parts (brand new). If that is the case, then I suggest you check the connections... make sure they are all seated securely.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bars show up in BIOS too, but I updated all drivers anyways. I don't know what to do. I don't know much about laptops. All the parts were new, and I have checked connections. Argh!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it possible to change the video card on this laptop? I am having a hell of a time finding any info about this. If the card has been damaged, is there any way to check or to replace it? It has an ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 200 series.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.