Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in great need of assistance. I normally don’t post issues but this will be a first for me and hopefully someone knows the answer. I’ve already spoken to Verizon but the tech support there is basically a waste of a person’s time; script readers. :upset: They have no idea why it’s not working nor do they attempt to try and figure out the issue. I have FiOS in my home for both TV and Internet. Everything works great except the Verizon Media Manager software. I’m able to install the software on the computers running Vista Home Premium; so I know the software isn’t corrupted. The machine I’m trying to get it on is a Dell Inspiron . I’ve provided the specs below. When I attempt to install the software, I get to a certain point but it stops and advises me that it has been interrupted. I have tried everything including diagnostic bootup. I’ve provided the three screenshots and also the log that is generated during installation. I’m hoping someone has a solution. Thanks! :jackson:

Model: Dell Inspiron 1720
Processor: Intel Core Duo 1.80 GHz
Memory: 2 GB
System type: 32 bit
Hard Drive Space: 105 GB available

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found the solution to the issue. :grin: This issue was with the Quicktime and Real/Rhaspody trying to use the same resources that was attempting to install the Verizon Media Player. I had to uninstall the software and then reboot to clear them. Once I rebooted, I was able to install the software. I knew it was a conflict issue because the error code in the log indicate so. I'm posting the solution so that if others are looking to resolve, they can fix it on their machine. :jackson:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.