Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had DSL for a year-About a month ago,I found I couldn't access their "online customer service help system" the program had disappeared- & I have been unable to re-install it-either through a download or using original CD.

Their CSR's have used their "file sharing" procedure to try & get it re-installed fromtheir end, but the following message keeps coming up- "Windows cannot find C:\Windows\SYSTEM\regsvr 32.exe'.You may have typed the name incorrectly in the Run dialog, or another open program cannot find a system file.To search for a file, click the start button & then click search" I don't understand this message & sure don't know how to fix it.

Verizon CSR says this is something that is required in order for their support system to install. It had been working for over 9 months- so I'm not understanding how the Windows piece isn't there now. They don't offer to help with this problem- said I'd need to get answer elsewhere.

Can you help?- keeping in mind I'm pretty "computer illiterate" Can't remember deleting or uninstalling any windows programs-

THanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for answering- I haven't been able to sign in on MSN all day today & finally got that fixed!!! I'm using ME

·
1,438 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.